Third recipe, and you know, starting blog is not a fast thing for me because of many reasons, actually: work, things to do, tiredness, but that chocolate- peanut butter banana cake is ready to put anyone in good heart! This is just a stockpot of vitamins, healthy ingredients and amazing taste. This cake is solid, rich, I may say- for real man, there is almost no lightness, it has only one task- to feed a man and to do it nicely and for a long time.
I really love that cake and made it for several times, and I also used it for making layers for vegan layer cake with fruit compote, jam and coconut frosting.
For now I got around 15-20 different dishes with photos that I like, so, I got around 15-20 different recipes that should be created, formalized, translated and added to the blog. And at that moment that cake and its photo- those are the things I am proud of. This is the first dish on my Instagram that got more than 100 likes, as well as I received my 100th subscriber with that cake added. Yep, 100 subscribers, 100 likes, those are small numbers, but not for me, for me each of you is important and I am happy when I receive a like or a comment, that is so amazing and motivates me so much.
And now we may get back to our cake. It is unusual and that is its benefit. Not light but solid and it should be better places to some other dessert category other than cakes- maybe bread? Something like “Great solid bread for men”. This is the dessert that should be eaten with an ice-cream or homemade peanut butter and that would be a fully featured breakfast. Let’s check the ingredient: bananas, nuts (lots of), peanut butter, wholegrain flour, oatmeal. And I think you will agree with me- those ingredients just rocks and tell everyone that they are healthy. Ok, I have no more words- ypou just have to give it a try.
- 1 flax egg
- 3 medium bananaes
- 2 t.spoon baking powder
- ½ t.spoon salt
- 50 gramm homemade peanut butter
- 2.5 tb.spoon vegetable oil
- 45 gramm palm sugar
- 3 tb.spoon maple syrup
- 150 gramm almond milk
- 200 gramm mixed nuts (cut in blender, any nuts will go)
- 50 gramm cocoo powder
- 130 gramm wholemeal flour
- 120 gramm oatmeal
- 30-40 gramm cholotate pieces
- Set oven on 180С (356F)
- Make a flax egg- 1 flax seed meal + 2.5 tb.spoon water, leave for 5 minutes
- Add bananas and mash them as well as possible
- Add baking powder, salt, peanut butter, vegetable oil, sugar, syrup, milk and mix everything. Do not overmix.
- Next add oatmeal, cocao, nut mix, flour and mix. Just use spatula and mix a bit. Add chocolate pieces at the end.
- Grease the baking pan with oil and powder with flour. Pour the dough into the pan and add cut nuts on top.
- Leave in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes and then start checking the readiness with the toothpick.
- Let it cook in the pan, next remove and set on a baking rack. Next wrap it in a food film and leave in a fridge overnight.
- Eat this with compote, ice cream or homemade peanut butter.