Please check this out- banana pumpkin bread, or cake? There is a question here, as I am writing blog on two languages, it is a great way to practice in English. As far as I know, such cakes are called bread in English, but why? Why not cake or pie? I think the reason is just because in Russia you may call it pie or cake and most of people will understand. But anyway, this bread, or cake, is just great, and that is it. I spent lots of time not doing pumpkin bread just because I was afraid of pumpkin, yep, that was just a strange product for me personally, but then I decided that I have to start trying it, so I will just start from baking and deserts, why not?
This is the second post in the blog, but I can’t say the same about photos. I am now struggling with photos for 6 month. and I made a way from phone camera to average SLR camera, from shaking hands and stands made from books to normal tripod, from strange cloth background to painted wood. But there is still long way to go. And even now, when I start to like to photos, when I start to get likes from different people on Instagram, I fully understand that I could not rest, I just need to work harder, just because I know so little about food photography. So those photos are made just some days ago and are really latest ones.
I now know for real that photography and making food got me entirely. I just want to stand up early, go to the kitchen till Daria sleeps, make something, then shoot it and I just wish I had 40 hours in a day. Ofc, sometimes I really want to sleep, but I am fighting that habit:)
So,btw, we are talking about that banana pumpkin bread, aren’t we? This bread is really moist and soft,you have to be careful and tender with that bread. Be gentle while cutting it as it may break. You have to eat that bread with compote or jam, or maybe with ice cream or sorbet, just heat that bread a bit in a microware and place an ice cream near or on it. This cake is ideal for brekfast or as quick snack.
The bread is really tender, so you could not remove it from the loaf pan right after the oven. You have to give the bread time to cool, like 20 minutes in the loaf pan, next 2 hours on the grid, next fold it in the food film and place in a fridge for a night. Bread will become more tender and moist.
And as conclusion- the ingredients. Make vegan version of that bread as it is just delicious, if you want- just change the milk to dairy milk, but leave everything as for vegan recipe. But I may say that any version will be amazing.
- 1.5 flax eggs (1.5 flax seed + 4 tbsp water)
- 50 gr vegetable oil
- 60 gr maple sypur
- 180 gr pumpkin puree
- Half of banana (pureed)
- 120 gramm coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 120 gr water
- 140 gr oatmeal
- 140 gr whole grain flour
- 120 gr crushed almonds (I use the mass left from making almond milk)
- any nuts if you want
- Set oven to 180C (350F)
- In one big bowl make flax eggs and let them sit a bit
- Add banana, pumpkin, honey, syrup, oil to the eggs and mix with spatula
- Next add sugar, soda, salt, powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, mix everything together
- Add water, mix, then add flour, almonds and oatmeal, mix as well. If you want, you may add nuts at that moment
- Get a loaf pan and oil it a bit, next dust it with flour. Pour all the batter to the pan and place into the oven for 40-50 minutes. Next remove the pan and let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Be careful with that cake as it is very soft and may break apart if you try to get it from the pan early. Let it rest and cool on a rack for 2 hours
- Next wrap into a food film and place for a night in a fridge, that will make the cake moist
- Be gentle while cutting that cake and eat it with compote or jam, or even ice cream